You can fill your calzone with whatever you like!
Ingredients (serves 1):
For the dough:
14g dried yeast (two sachets)
Pinch of sea salt
Couple of glugs, rapeseed oil
Lukewarm water, as required
For the meatballs:
100g pork mince
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dijon mustard
For the filling:
1 tbsp organic tomato puree
150ml organic passata
2 cloves garlic, grated
1/2 tsb dried oregano
1/2 red onion, sliced
Few black olives, sliced
1/2 red chilli, diced
1 ball, mozzarella, sliced
Three slices, Milano salami, sliced
1) Pre-heat oven to 180C. Mix all of the meatball ingredients and roll into equal balls (25g each). Place on a lightly oiled tray and bake in the oven for 25 mins. Set aside and cut in half when ready to dress.
2) Put all of the dough ingredients in a large bowl. Add water as required and mix until it comes together. Remove from bowl and knead on a floured surface for around five mins until a smooth ball is formed. Place back into the bowl and leave in a warm place for around half an hour until dough rises.
3) Cook the tomato puree out for a minute. Add garlic for 10-15 secs, then add the passata. Cook for 2-3 mins then add the oregano. Season to taste and allow to cool.
4) Prepare the fillings as required.
5) On a floured surface, roll out the dough to the thickness of a pound coin. Spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce over the dough, leaving a couple of inches spare around the edges.
6) Dress with desired toppings.
7) Lightly brush the edge of one half of the dough with water. Fold over and gently press down to seal. Now roll the edges of the dough back in towards the centre until it reaches the edge of the filling.
8) Place in the oven for 35-40 mins. Serve!