Recipe: Pan fried sea bream with asparagus, broad beans and chilli dressing on a bed of sauteed potatoes
Celebrate British asparagus season...
Ingredients (serves 1):
1x Sea bream fillet
4x British asparagus spears
4x Broad bean shoots
3x small potatoes
1/2 red chilli, finely diced
3 tbsp sugar
Splash white wine vinegar
1) Par boil the potatoes for around 3 mins. Drain and allow to cool, then slice to around the thickness of your pinky.
2) Remove the broad beans from the pod and shuck the green bean from the pale skin
3) Trim the asparagus with a speed peeler
4) Add the sugar, water and vinegar to a pan and whisk to dissolve. Then add the chilli and gently simmer to reduce slightly
5) Meanwhile, place a frying pan on a medium heat. Add a splash of oil and brown the potatoes on both sides for 2-3 mins.
6) In another pan, place the bream skin side down for 2-3 mins until crisp, flip for a further min and add the asparagus.
7) Drop the broad beans into boiling water for 1 min then drain.
8) Place the potatoes in the centre of the plate with the bream on top (skin side up), place a spear of asparagus on each side of the plate and scatter the broad beans. Drizzle with the chilli sauce. Season to taste.